Preschool enrollment for the 2018-2019 school year is by appointment only. To set up an appointment please contact the Brandt Site at 201-356-3695 . To fill out a Preschool Application click here.
Preschool Enrollment for the 2018-2019 School Year
The Hoboken Early Childhood Education Program offers state funded full day preschool for qualifying 3 and 4 year old Hoboken residents.
Requirements for Participation:
- Child/Children must be 3 years old by September 30, 2018 ( DOB between 10/1/2014 - 9/30/2015 )
- Child/Children must be 4 years old by September 30, 2018 ( DOB between 10/1/2013 - 9/30/2014 )
- Child/Children must be residents of the City of Hoboken
Preschool Registration for the 2018-2019 school year will be held on April 9th - April 13th, 2018 . All registration wiil be done in person in the David E. Rue School Gymnasium at 301 Garden Street, Hoboken NJ 07030 .
If your child is currently enrolled in the Hoboken Early Childhood Preschool Program you do not need to re-register.
Hours of Registration are as follows:
|Monday, April 9th, 2018||8:30am - 2:30pm|
|Tuesday, April 10th, 2018||8:30am - 2:30pm|
|Wednesday, April 11th, 2018||8:30am - 2:30pm|
|Wednesday, April 11th, 2018||5:00pm - 7:30pm|
|Thursday, April 12th, 2018||8:30am - 2:30pm|
|Friday, April 13th, 2018||8:30am - 2:30pm|
- One copy of current - lease, deed, mortgage statement, or property tax bill.
- One copy of current - cable bill, phone bill, PSEG bill, bank or credit card statement.
- Copy of your child's immunization records (view NJ Vaccination Requirements)
- Copy of your child's current physical (universal health record)
- Original birth certificate or passport for your child (foreign copy must be translated in English)
- Photo Identification or Passport of parent/guardian
Priority placements are given to children who meet any of the following criteria:
- Children with documented special needs or who have a finalized IEP (Individual Educational Plan)
- Children who are Head Start Eligible or considered homeless (Federal Poverty Guidline download here)
- Children with siblings already enrolled in the Hoboken Public School District for elementary, middle or high school.
If the number of preschool applicants exceed the amount of available Pre-K seats then a lotter will occur. It is not necessary to be in attendance for the lottery as all results will be shared via mail as quickly as possible.
Children who do not meet any of the Priority Placement criteria mentioned above will participate in the lottery. Students not drawn for a spot will be placed on a pending placement list in the order their name was drawn. If a spot opens up, the next student on the pending placement list will be called and offered a seat in the location with the vacancy. Families on the pending placement list have three (3) business days to reply after receiving notification of an available spot.
All families who have a student selected for priority placement, lottery, and pending placement will be notified by mail as early as June.